Main Street Business
As the owner of a business you have a lot to think about, and a lot to worry about. Insurance is designed to help take some of that worry away – but does your insurance worry you? Are you sure you have the right coverage? Did your agent take the time to understand your needs and then present you with different options?
As an independent insurance agency we represent a number of different insurance companies. We understand that “one size fits all” just does not work. We specialize in helping “Main Street” businesses with their insurance and risk management by staying current with the latest trends. Because we are an independent agency, we have access to many specialized insurance programs many other agencies do not.
We take the time to understand your business and your unique needs. Only then do we create a customized strategy and present different options. We work to provide our clients with the best possible insurance programs at competitive prices. When reviewing our clients’ needs, we consider many different types of coverage – some of which include:
- Business Interruption Insurance- Coverage for interruption of your business endeavor due to things like fire, tornado, hurricane, extended power interruption, etc.
- Directors and Officers – If your business is a corporation and run by a Board of Directors, this coverage provides protection to them.
- Disability Insurance – Coverage for you and your employees in the event of a disability and inability to work.
- Employee Dishonesty – Coverage if an employee steals from you.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance – Coverage in the event you are sued for things such as discrimination, harassment, or not complying with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Equipment Breakdown- Coverage if a major appliance or a piece of equipment breaks down. Coverage can include a broad range of equipment including heating and air conditioning, laundry machines, and technology.
- General Liability Insurance – Coverage for injuries to those who come into your salon. For example, if someone is hurt after falling on a wet floor or trips on an electrical cord. This type of coverage also includes fire legal liability in the event a fire in your establishment spreads to an adjoining property and causes damage.
- Health Insurance – Perhaps you want to make insurance available to your employees with or without subsiding the cost or make Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Savings Accounts available.
- Hired and Un-owned Auto Insurance - Coverage for conducting business using a private vehicle which is involved in an accident and suit is brought against you.
- Professional Liability Insurance – Coverage in the event one of your clients is hurt due to an error by you or one of your staff. For example – scalded by hot water, chemical burns, or cutting someone with scissors.
- Property Insurance – Coverage for the contents of the salon – for example the chairs, sinks, tanning beds, beauty products, etc. If you own your space, this type of coverage also includes the structure; if you are renting, then this coverage includes coverage for permanent improvements you have made.
- Surety Bonds – A surety bond may be needed as part of your state licensing requirements.
- Umbrella – Coverage that extends the limits of your liability insurance.
- Workers' Compensation – You are required to carry this type of coverage by state law.
Regardless of whether your business is just starting out or you have been in business as long as “Main Street” has been there – we are here to serve you. Contact us today to speak with one of our specialists about your insurance and risk management program.