To prepare your business for the winter season, we suggest you:
- Add rock salt or ice melt, sand, and snow shovels to your disaster supply kit.
- Identify who is responsible for snow/ice removal from driveways, doorways, and roofs.
- Determine alternative ways to enter premises if snow and ice make it impassable.
- Mark hydrants near your business to make them easy to locate in accumulated snow.
- Anchor all portable buildings and trailers to the ground.
- Secure scaffolds and cranes, Secure scaffolds to the building. Fasten rail crane chassis to track with bolts and clamps.
- Brace outdoor signs.