August is Back to School Safety Month. With the new school year about to start, it’s a good time to remind motorists to be extra...
With the holidays upon us, online shopping is predicted to increase 7 to 10%, or as much as $117 billion this season. If you are among these online shoppers, here are a few safety tips to protect yourself from a cyber-crime.
- Make sure the website is secure - that means sites with HTTPS.
- Use secure passwords
- Don't shop on public Wi-Fi networks
- Use Pay Pal
- Don't buy from websites you've never heard of
- Check prices in another browser
- Avoid public terminals
- Beware of coupon scams offer free products or significant discounts - never divulge your social security number to any offer
Follow these tips and be secure in your online holiday shopping.
Source: MAC blog and PC Magazine